Death Row by Freida McFadden
EXCERPT:
My name is Talia Kemper and, with my time running short, there are a few things you need to know about me:
First, I am currently on death row for murdering my husband.
Second, my attorney has filed one last appeal, but if that is rejected, I will be executed by lethal injection in two weeks.
And last, I am innocent.
I didn’t kill my husband.
With an starting like that, why would you not read this 74-page book!?
Talia Kemper has a death sentence against her name. Aren't death sentences given to people who have killed others in cold blood and have no remorse? Or given to people who have done other heinous crimes which have no other solution but to remove such people from the face of the society. But Talia? Why her? Talia has supposedly killed her husband. Premediated murder.
Talia is in prison and she is begging for someone to listen that she is innocent. She did not kill her husband! Why would she!?! She loved Noel! Why wasn't anyone listening to her?! Talia is told that she would be given a lethal injection which would cause muscle power and then death. In fifteen minutes, it would all be over. Now, she was just waiting for that day.
One day, in the visiting area, she notices a chaplain who had come to visit another prisoner. But why did this chaplain look EXACTLY like her husband, Noel?! The prison warden tells her that the chaplain was not Noel, but probably a look alike. Talia requests to meet him. The warden assumes that Talia would like the chaplain to read her last prayer.
The day dawns. Nervous as hell, she goes to meet the chaplain. By the end of the meeting, Talia is convinced that he is Noel and she could be proven not guilty! But, nobody is listening to her. Dammit!
And then...
To know what happened, you have to just spend an hour over this book! I cannot ask you questions like I always do in my book reviews, instigating you to read or not read the book. But, I can tell you, I was left confused and manipulated. I kept staring at the last few paragraphs and kept thinking what the hell did I just read?! Were some pages missing? Argh! No!!! This cannot be the end! Come on!
Read it, folks!

Comments
Post a Comment